What is podiatry?
Podiatry involves the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of the foot and any associated ankle and lower limb complaints.
What can we help with?
Skin and toenails - Difficult to manage toenails, including ingrown, thick or fungal, as well as skin conditions such as callous, corns, cracked heels, tinea or plantar warts.
Children's feet - In-toeing, out-toeing, toe walking, flat or high arched feet, growing pains, Sever's disease (heel pain), knock knee or bowed knees, curly toes and progression to pointe shoes for dancers
Foot pain - Bunions, hammer or claw toe, metatarsalgia, osteo or rheumatoid arthritis, gout, neuromas, bursitis, ganglion, heel spurs or pain, flat or high arched feet, plantar plate damage
Sports injuries - Hip or lower back pain, knee pain, ankle injury, shin splints, tendon pathologies, Plantar fasciitis, stress fractures, forefoot pathologies, ligament injury, blisters, bruised toenail
Diabetic foot care - Diabetes history, vascular and neurological assessment, skin and toenail assessment, wound management, biomechanical and gait assessment, maintenance education
- General and children's podiatry care
- Biomechanical assessment including gait analysis
- 3D scanning
- Orthotic therapy - custom and pre-fabricated
- Diabetic foot assessment, care and education
- Vascular assessment via doppler ultrasound
- Ingrown toenail surgery
- Footwear fitting and education
- Trigger point dry needling
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy